CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Pizza Dough
1 T. yeast
1 c warm water
2 T olive oil
1 T. honey
1/4 t. salt
3 to 4 c flour
1. mix the yeast and water in a small bowl, cover, and let stand 5 minutes
2. Mix the oil, honey, salt and yeat mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add flour, 1 cup at a time. ONLY USE 3 C. of flour. if the dough seems wet, mix in more four 1/4 c. at a time.
3. Oil pizza pan and roll out to fit pan (I roll mine on my pan so I don't have to guess whether or not it'll fit)
BBQ Chicken Pizza
I changed the recipe a bit to what my family would like and it turned out GREAT!!!
3/4 lb chicken breast (cooked and cut up)
*I am not a fan of meat, so I used 1 chicken breast*
1 c. plus 2 T sweet bbq sauce (divided)
1/4 c shredded smoked Gouda cheese
*I do NOT like Gouda, so I just eliminated this from my pizza*
3 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
*I used about 1 1/2 c. of cheese*
1/4 c. thinly sliced red onion
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Mix the chicken with 2 T. BBQ sauce
3. Spread 1 c BBQ over pizza crust. Sprinkle with Gouda cheese and top with 3 c. of the mozzarella cheese *I lightly sprinkled some of the mozzarella on* Sprinkle the chikcen and onion over the cheese and top with remaining cheese.
4. Bake 15 minutes on the lowest oven rack.
I served a green salad and apples/dip with the pizza.
Fruit Dip
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 jar marshmallow cream
mix until fluffy. My 3 year old is trying to learn his colors, so I let him experiment with food coloring and we had ORANGE fruit dip! It was great because he learned something AND my picky little eater actually ate apples and dip:)

0 comments: