CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hawaiian Haystacks/Chinese Sundaes

1 c. uncooked rice (I will double this because I have a picky eater and this is all he'll eat for dinner)
1 lb. cooked, cubed chicken
1 can chow mein noodles
2 celery ribs, diced
1/2 c. almonds
1 can pineapple
2 cans mandarin oranges
1/2 c coconut
1 jar maraschino cherries, drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c sour cream
1/2 c. milk
I am doing this different than the recipe says to. If you want the actual recipe leave a comment and I'll put it on here. I'm going to make it easier and less time consuming.
*My sister, Kris, told me you can put anything in a crock pot, so I'm going to put the cream of cihcken soup, sour creeam and milk into the crockpot with the FROZEN chicken 4 hours before dinner.
*Cook rice according to package directions. I'll put mine in the rice cooker at 4:20 so it's ready at the same time the chicken and sauce is ready
*Here's a trick I learned and I don't remember who taught it to me, but thank you!!!! To shred my chicken I throw it in the kitchen aide with the paddle and turn it on. Watch it until it's what you like.
*Place the noodles, celery, almonds, pineapple, orances, cocunut, and cherries in individual serving bowls
*Serve sauce over rice and let everyone add their toppings.
*Eat and enjoy!

0 comments: