CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

wassail

I'm 6 months pregnant and have 2 boys (3 and 5 years old). They are very active and I'm so exhausted by the time they go to bed. This is my absolute favorite drink after a long day. I don't know what it is about wassail, but I feel refreshed after I drink it!
This recipe is from a friend of mine and I HAVE to share it!!!!

Wassail
2 qt. water
2 c. sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
1T cloves
2t nutmeg
1 gallon apple cider
2 qt. orange juice (pulp free)
1/2 c. lemon juice
*you will also need a cheese cloth bag*
1. Mix water and sugar together
2. place spices in cheese cloth bag and tie with a string. Add to water mixture and set a fork on the bag of spices so it can't float. Boil 15 minutes.
3. Stir bag around and remove.
4. Refrigerate overnight.
5. Add all juices to water mixture. Heat on the stove and serve warm

0 comments: